Hillcrest Conservancy hosts GUIDED Birding & General Nature WALKS with knowledgeable leaders on the second WEDNESDAY of each month in SPRINGSIDE NATURE RESERVE, HILLCREST
7.30 am October to April (inclusive)
8.30 am May to September (inclusive)
Tea/coffee served after the walks.
Donation: R20 minimum per person
Proceeds used for on-going Hillcrest Conservancy projects
Directions to Springside Nature Reserve entrance – 93 Springside Road, Hillcrest
- If approaching from the south (i.e. from Durban) on the M13, take the R103 off-ramp then turn right at the traffic lights and cross the bridge
- Proceed along Old Main Road, Hillcrest, until Oxford shops on the left, and Lillies Quarter opposite on the right
- At this set of traffic lights where Stonewall Road meets Old Main Road, turn right. Stonewall Road is between Lillies Quiarter and Shell Garage
- At the intersection of Stonewall and Springside Road, turn right and proceed down the steep winding hill
- Slow down as you near the bottom of the hill, and warn any following traffic that you intend turning left, as it is a sharp turn into Springside Nature Reserve entrance. It is well sign-posted.